I was absolutely thrilled when I got nominated for a Liebster award by The Book Lover’s Attic. Thank you so very much ! The purpose of this award is to recognise emerging bloggers and also to encourage people to visit and interact with other bloggers. There are a few rules to accepting the award and here they are
- Each nominee must link back to the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
I have linked to The Book Lover’s Attic and so now I’ll proceed to answering the ten questions.
1.What is your favorite family/holiday tradition?
We don’t have any particular holiday tradition as such, but we love playing games together as a family during holidays and the more basic the better !
2. If you could meet any author living or dead, who would it be?
I’d love to meet Robert Jordan who wrote the colossal Wheel of Time series with a whopping 11+ books. The scale of the story is magnificient and the characters are bewitching. My mind reels just thinking about how he kept track of all the characters and their lives.
3. If you lived on a space station, what food would you insist comes with you?
No doubts whatsoever, chocolates and ice cream !
4. What is your fantasy vacation destination?
Ever since I read ‘Summer in Tuscany’ by Elizabeth Adler, that place has firmly lodged itself on the top of my list of fav destinations.
5. If you had to give away all of your books, which one would you secretly keep?
The Power Of One by Bryce Courtenay
6. Do you ever get caught singing in the car?
Singing in the car happens all the time 🙂
7. What was the first album (vinyl/cassette/CD) that you purchased for yourself?
I don’t remember very clearly, but I think it was the soundtrack of Sound of Music.
8. If you could change places with any famous person for one day, who would it be?
It would be with one of the judges of Masterchef Australia cos I’d get to taste all those awesome dishes and also do the countdown 🙂
9. Do you ever eat breakfast for dinner?
I love to do that just to break the monotony !
10. What book has had the greatest impact on your life?
The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay. Whenever I go through a rough patch, I think of the protagonist of the story Peekay, who’s an eleven year old boy. He has to endure a lot but still emerges with his spirit unsullied and unbroken.Keeps me going.
So now the questions have been answered, I shall name my nominees. They are ( I rather feel like I’m attending the Oscars 🙂 )
Now on to my questions. I hope you guys enjoy answering them .
- Which author would you like to breakfast with ?
- If you write a book, which genre would it be in ?
- Which is your favourite movie adaptation of a book ?
- Which is your favoured writing nook ?
- If you had to holiday with 2 literary characters, who would they be ?
- What kind of weather compels you to write?
- If you had to recommend a book to your best friend, which one would that be ?
- Based only on the descriptions in a book you’ve read, which place would you like to travel to ?
- Name a book which makes you happy.
- Which is the first blog you started following ?
That was fun ! These are some amazing bloggers and I’m so happy to nominate each one of them. Some bloggers are not too keen on awards and I apologise in advance to my nominees if they fall in this category. Happy Blogging to all of you. Shine on, crazy blogosphere 🙂